Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Back On The Wagon

I know I have been MIA for a while now.  I think my last post was in February.. it's now October.  Eek!  I renewed my subscription to the Sunday paper so I can get coupons again.  I was doing pretty well planning out meals for the following week and sticking to a budget.  Then something happened... I'm not sure what, but the wagon we were riding fell off the trail.  Kind of like Oregon Trail.  One day you're trucking down the trail, no cares in the world and BOOM!, there's a flash flood. All of your food is washed away, one of your mules died and the other one has a broken leg.  *Sigh*  Time to restart the game. 

If you think about it though, life is usually like this.  One minute it's going great, and the next something happens and you get derailed.  So here I am, back where I started.  Still DINK (double income, no kids) status, but somehow incapable of holding onto our hard earned money for very long.  Don't get me wrong, we do fun things.  Just last week we went on vacation up North and had a great time visiting with family and friends.  But when we're talking about money and the future, well, let's not go there.  So we will try to keep sight on the present and build up to the future. 

Since I had Labor Day off I decided to spend it in the kitchen.  The neighbor looked in on the cat while we were gone so I thought it would be nice to make them some bread.  I really like making bread.  The assembly is very quick, it's the rising that takes forever.  If you want to make bread be sure you're not busy that day because you will have to devote your time at home.  My aunt taught me this recipe and it's made in a food processor.  If you're interested in the recipe please feel free to email me about it.



(Sorry for the crooked bread picture, I couldn't get it to edit straight)
 
 
I also made some roasted red pepper chickpea spread to go with the freshly baked bread.  However, I did not photograph that process.  Once the bread was cooled and the spread prepared I brought some over to the neighbors for looking after the cat.  
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment